The Bauble Pile

This is Lale Baize aka Coco Reed, writer and once co-author of Gamble with Fate. As of now, this is the first step to putting my goodies back online. Stay for a bit and enjoy what you find.

The Ability to Let Things End

12/5/2017

"Art is never finished, only abandoned." ~ Leonardo da Vinci

Over the past few years, when I could seriously sit down to work, I have rewrote, cut and edited "An Indigo Feather" into what is now known as "Calling of Blood." It's true what writers say about themselves, when they're being honest with themselves. We are our worst critics. There is nothing I am more self-conscience of, and yet so confident of, than my writing. Sure, I make errors and rereading and editing are still SUPER IMPORTANT, but I've never really told myself to give up, to find something else to.

Writing is, honestly, the only thing I feel I can do. I have to do. I like to write. I like to put down all of the ideas that pop into my head. I love when I create something I've been searching for in a bookstore because I have yet to find it.

But I need to learn to let things go. Stop editing and let a piece be.

And so, this post is to let everyone know that "Calling of Blood" is officially "abandoned." :) I've edited it as much as possible. I've cut as much as I dare. I sat for an hour or so putting in a linked up table of contents.

Finally, it's finished. As of now, it is available on Amazon through the Kindle Store. Look up Lale Baize.

I am super excited but also kind of terrified. I'll post more information soon but I just wanted to let everyone know who's been waiting for this that there is a copy up for sale.


*cross-posted on Tumblr.

0 comments:

Post a Comment